Who We Are
Shoemaker Ghiselli + Schwartz LLC is an elite law firm specializing in trials, arbitrations, and appeals involving complex matters such as corporate and partnership governance, federal and state securities laws, class actions, executive-level departures, and intellectual property. We also advise companies, officers and directors in regulatory and internal investigations.
Proven Powerhouse Team
SGS provides the specialized expertise of a large firm in a setting that allows for a high level of service and extensive partner involvement. Our staffing model is tailor-made for high-stakes, complex litigation. We handle cases on a national and regional level. Driven, creative, and strategic, our attorneys are a proven powerhouse team.
Awards & Accolades
SGS is widely recognized for its expertise:
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has ranked SGS annually since 2010. Andrew Shoemaker has been recognized individually since 2008, and Paul Schwartz since 2013. The Chambers USA guide ranks lawyers and law firms based on interviews with attorneys, clients and corporate counsel.
- Andrew Shoemaker and Paul Schwartz have been listed as Colorado Super Lawyers since 2008 and 2012, respectively.
- Andrew Shoemaker and Paul Schwartz have been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2012 and 2013, respectively.
Committed to Meaningful Community Service
SGS was founded in part to enable its attorneys to give back to the community. Our attorneys undertake significant pro bono and reduced-fee work. In addition, our team is deeply involved in community activities:
- Andrew Shoemaker: Member, Boulder City Council; Member, Board of Commissioners, Boulder Housing Partners; Co-chair, Local Organizing Committee, Stage 6 (Golden-Boulder), USA Pro Cycling Challenge 2012; Former Chair, Vice-Chair, and Member, City of Boulder Planning Board; Former Member, Board of Directors, Outward Bound Wilderness; Former President, Board of Directors, Bicycle Colorado, Denver, CO; Former Chair, Constitution/Bylaws Committee, Boulder Rotary Club
- Paul Schwartz: Former President, Board of Trustees, Congregation Har HaShem, Boulder, CO; Member, Board of Directors, Genocide Intervention Network, Washington, DC
- Cindy Mitchell: Former Member and Secretary of Blue Sky Bridge; Former Member, Board of Directors, Boulder Philharmonic; Former Member, Board of Directors, Boulder Ballet